httpd-users mailing list archives

From LongLegz1...@aol.com
Subject Problem with .htaccess!
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:53:37 GMT
       Hi, I'm having a serious problem.. I'm unable to use mod_rewrite
commands in my .htaccess file! I cannot find *ANY* help on this on the web
(searched various engines repeatedly!). What's happening is, in my .htaccess
file, I have this line:

       RewriteEngine on

       The error I get with that is "RewriteEngine not allowed here". WHAT
DOES THAT MEAN!? It is driving me NUTS! I cannot figure out what to do to fix
it. I insert all my rewrite rules into the configuration file, and they work,
but not in the .htaccess for a directory I want protected. Any help, please!?

- Brandon Erhart