httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lee Fellows <lfell...@4lane.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0.39 Compile error on Solaris 8 /sparc
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 20:59:40 GMT
On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 15:48, Lists wrote:

> I am no coder, but I did parse through the file to find the routines that generated the
errors I was seeing. Glad it's doing more or less what I thought it's doing; kind of a sanity
check I guess? Send something to the compiler and see if it comes back with what we expect
/ if not we  bail out?  It is entirely possible that my environment is broken somewhere..
I just wish I knew where to look.. I'd be more than happy to fix it..

> Anyhow..
> I set the path as you stated, setenv CC /usr/local/bin and then went to try configure
again:

> M5# which gcc
> /usr/local/bin/gcc
>
> M5# setenv CC /usr/local/bin
> M5# echo $CC
> /usr/local/bin
>
> M5# ./configure --prefix /ardsley/apache2 CC=$CC
> checking for chosen layout... Apache
> checking for working mkdir -p... yes
> checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
> checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
> checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
>
> Configuring Apache Portable Runtime library ...
>
> checking for APR... reconfig
> configuring package in srclib/apr now
> checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
> checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
> checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
> Configuring APR library
> Platform: sparc-sun-solaris2.8
> checking for gcc... /usr/local/bin
> checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot create
executables
> configure failed for srclib/apr

  Try looking at config.log to see what the actual error is.  Could
  be the build system is broken.  Could be something else.

  If you know how to compile code, you could try writing/compiling
  a simple c program to test the basic functionality of the build
  system.