httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.23 On Linux Timeout Issues
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 02:40:41 GMT
It's hard to say without knowing your firewall configuration. Anyway, I'd try
the following:

- there is a newer version of mod_jk in CVS, 1.2.0; you might want to try that
- increase the logging (JkLogLevel debug) and watch the messages; it might give
you clues or you might be able to point problems out to Tomcat developers
- watch the logs of your firewall - it might be closing connections after a
while (mod_jk uses persistent connections)
- use 'netstat -an' on both the Apache and Tomcat/JBoss machines to verify which
ports are open and where the connections are actually coming from

I'm guessing you're running Apache 1.3.x... Apache 2.0.x is a slightly different
ball game.

And, of course, you might want to check out if there is a better version of TC
4/JBoss out there. There could be bugs related to mod_jk that were squashed in
the meantime.

Bojan