httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Mentovai <mark-l...@mentovai.com>
Subject Re: CGI & Apache
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 13:25:01 GMT
Barrie Robinson wrote:
> I think I've got it wrong, what's actually happening is it's accessing a cgi
> script within the directory. I can work around this by enabling cgi access
> outside the cgi bin. However when I do this I get a permissions error such
> as:
>
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/test.cgi on this server.
>
> ...which I got when I ran the test cgi via the same virtual host.
>
> I'm guessing is something to do with the user and group I'm running httpd
> as?

Your error log should have more information.  Check it for details.

This snippet, in the absence of other forms of access control, will treat any
file ending in ".cgi" as a CGI.

  AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
  <Files ~ "\.cgi$">
    Options +ExecCGI
    <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
      SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
    </IfModule>
  </Files>

Stick something like that at the top level of your configuration file, if
appropriate.  Take a look at your error log if you still have trouble.

Mark