httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Mentovai <mark-l...@mentovai.com>
Subject Re: SSL port-based virtual domain problem
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 19:47:09 GMT
Jay States wrote:
> Thanks for the help but I'm still getting error messages.  I will be
> more detailed.  I want 5 sites to be SSL.  The only ip address usable is
> 192.0.0.1.  I have tried is:
>
> Listen 192.0.0.1:80
> Listen 192.0.0.1:443
> Listen 192.0.0.1:444
> Listen 192.0.0.1:445
> Listen 192.0.0.1:446
> Listen 192.0.0.1:447
>
> and
>
> NameVirtualHost 192.0.0.1:80
> NameVirtualHost 192.0.0.1:443
> NameVirtualHost 192.0.0.1:444
> NameVirtualHost 192.0.0.1:445
> NameVirtualHost 192.0.0.1:446
> NameVirtualHost 192.0.0.1:447

You can't host SSL sites with name-based virtual hosting, you must use IP
address-based virtual hosting.  "IP address-based" is colloquial and not an
entirely accurate description in your case, as you'll be distinguising one SSL
site from another by port.  The same principles do apply.

Rip out all but the first NameVirtualHost.

> The Virtual Config File is:

What do you mean by "virtual config file?"  Apache will look at httpd.conf by
default, the deprecated resource (srm.conf) and access (access.conf) files if
present, and any file given in an Include directive.  Where have you created
this "virtual config file," and how does Apache find it?

Mark