httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wolf <...@ximian.com>
Subject 403 errors with redundant slashes
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 16:20:48 GMT
Hi,

I recently compiled and installed 2.0.39 on one of our servers here.  So
far so good, except for one problem.

A client who tries to access http://foo.ximian.com/bar.html will receive
bar.html, but a client who tries to access
http://foo.ximian.com//bar.html (note the redundant slashes) will
receive a 403 Forbidden error.

The extra slash is redundant, but I'm not aware that there is anything
actually wrong with it being there (and neither have colleagues I've
asked about it).  Previous version of apache haven't posed this problem,
and neither have other httpds.

The closest change between apache 1.3 and 2.0 that I can see has to do
with AcceptPathInfo, which isn't even very close.

I configured with:
    ./configure  --disable-cgi --prefix=/usr/local/apache/2.0.39 \
    --disable-imap --disable-actions --disable-userdir --disable-alias \
    --disable-so --with-mpm=worker  --no-create --no-recursion

I'm using a very minimalistic httpd.conf as well.

Where is the setting that would allow or disallow double slashes
documented?  I've tried hard to find it, to no avail thus far.

Thanks,
mike

--
Michael Wolf			maw@ximian.com