httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bob Fudge <Bob.Fu...@wcom.com>
Subject Question
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 15:37:43 GMT
I am trying to upgrade my apache server to the lastest version.  My
compile was successful on my SUN Solaris 7 machine.  My current web
server is running 30 vhost servers and I use the "ResourceConfig"
statement in each vhost.  However, this config statement does not work
in this new version 2.0.39.  When I run apachectl configtest, it errors
indicating that the ResourceConfig statement is incorrect.  Reading the
online documentation for version 2 of Apache server, I find the below
statement:

For every vhost various default values are set. In particular:

1. If a vhost has no ServerAdmin, ResourceConfig, AccessConfig, Timeout,
KeepAliveTimeout, KeepAlive, MaxKeepAliveRequests, or SendBufferSize
directive then the respective value is inherited from the main_server.
(That is, inherited from whatever the final setting of that value is in
the main_server.)
2. The "lookup defaults" that define the default directory permissions
for a vhost are merged with those of the main_server. This includes any
per-directory configuration information for any module.
3. The per-server configs for each module from the main_server are
merged into the vhost server.

Can someone please let me know if this is a problem and if there is an
alternative?

Thanks