httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lee Fellows <lfell...@4lane.com>
Subject Re: Tracing incoming requests
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 12:56:24 GMT
On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 17:50, Jimmy Lantz wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a name-based vhost setup,
> and I find that the requests that I make from a HTTP Client class does'nt
> get directed to the right vhost, it goes to the default.
> But with IE it gets to the right place.
> I'm using HTTP 1.1, and I check the logs on the default vhost , it give the
> right hostname corresponding to the right host.
> But still it's not being direct there.
> What can I do to trace/check the errors on incomming requsts, to find out
> where the problems lies.
>
> / Jimmy

Hi,

  Not sure what your HTTP Client class is.  But what you describe
  would normally be due to not setting the 'Host' header in the request.

  You could try a tcpdump of the connection to see what the class
  is actually passing in the headers and request, or, if you have
  the source, see if the 'Host' header is being set to the proper value.

HTH