httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lee Fellows <lfell...@4lane.com>
Subject Re: file's permissions in cgi
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 12:07:16 GMT
On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 16:56, Mauricio wrote:
> Hi for all.
> When a user run a cgi, he execute as "others".
> Then I have a file .cgi with the permissions:
> r_xr_xr_x
> The problem is that anyone user that log in server using telnet can to execute this file.
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Mauricio
> +55 - (041) - 219-5246
> mandrade@pr.gov.br

Hi Mauricio,

  What exactly is the concern?  Whether they can execute it from
a browser, or from the command line, would seem irrelevent.

  You say they are executing it as the group 'others'?  Not in a usual
apache installation.  Normally apache would execute it as its user
or group which varies from installation to installation, but user nobody
and group nobody are common.