httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lee Fellows <lfell...@4lane.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Apache over RedHat 7.2
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 12:16:30 GMT
On Mon, 2002-07-01 at 19:42, Mario Lopez (Camara de Comercio) wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> Please some one can help me with this.
>
> I am new with the configuration of apache.
>
> My problem is that apache daemon is running but i cant use it.
>
> in Netscape i type   http://localhost/ or http://127.0.0.1/ but i see a
> message that say ... TCP error,  network unreachable
>

> Xinetd is runing ...
> httpd   is running too.
>
> some one know what is the problem... ?????

  Have you checked the httpd.conf file to see what port apache is
  listening on?  If apache is listening to Port 8080, then you need
  to change your URL to something like http://localhost:8080/ or
  http://127.0.0.1:8080/ but the fact you received a 'network
  unreachable' error suggests other problems.

  Have you checked the error_log to ensure apache is indeed running, or
  done a ps aux | grep http to see if processes are running?

  Did you configure the network when you installed Red Hat?