httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: pdf documents gone haywire after upgrade
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 06:50:11 GMT
I simply tested the first link (:8080) and clicked on the july pdf; opened
in the browser window, then opened up the second link (:80) and clicked on
the same; also opened in the browser window.

I'm on Windows XP, Internet Explorer 6.0, Acrobat 5 (note, not Reader). I
have not made any modifications to any Acrobat settings on this system.

I did a manual query to both servers, to get what headers Apache are sending
(see below),  but they were identical, except for the Date, Server, and ETag
line.

[On: www.fortworthcameraclub.org:8080]
GET /newsletter/fwccnewsletter-July2002.pdf HTTP/1.1
Host: www.fortworthcameraclub.org

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 06:39:50 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.19 (Win32)
Last-Modified: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 19:26:28 GMT
ETag: "0-7cf04-3d2895e4"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 06:40:51 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.39 (Win32)
Last-Modified: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 19:26:28 GMT
ETag: "4495-7cf04-893475b0"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

I don't know what headers the browser is sending, which may cause Apache to
send something else, so I suggest you intercept the request/response on a
system which suffer from this behaviour, to see if they differ.

Regards,
Robert Andersson