httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sander Holthaus - Orange XL" <i...@orangexl.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading from 2.0.36
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2002 09:28:15 GMT
I did the same, when upgrading from 2.0.35 to 2.0.36 and 2.0.39 Just be sure that you compile
it the same way (same flags such as with_experimaental if you previously used them) if you
are planning to use the same config-files. Also, check the bug database and chancelog files,
Apache 2.0.39 still contains some (very serious) bugs. I'm currently waiting for 2.0.40 ...
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ron Wingfield
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2002 12:33 AM
  Subject: Re: Upgrading from 2.0.36

  Hello Connie,

  Since no one else has responded, I'll toss in my two cents.  I don't think there will be
any problem installing on top of your existing v2.0.36.  I'm currently planning to upgrade
from v2.0.28 to .39.  My plan is to install (i.e., compile the httpd in another directory,
and move the executable to the production directory.  This should minimize the down time,
and provide an easy recovery in the event that I encounter problems; however, I am going to
backup my configuration files, etc., regardless of the process, and I would recommend that
you do the same.

  Good luck,
  Ron W.