httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Russ Henry" <rhe...@mindspring.com>
Subject XP clients not able to correctly view site served by Apache
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 23:53:22 GMT
Hey,
 I'm fairly new to using Apache or hosting a web site.

I host a site for family and friends to interact with on a Pentium machine running 98se w/dsl.
My other computers
use 98se as well and have no problems in viewing any of its content. Just about everyone I
know that accesses
the site uses 98 and hasn't mentioned having problems. A relative of mine uses XPhome and
cannot get the page to load
properly or view any pages within it. I copied the files to my isp's server and the XP system
had no problem
viewing all the content. I tried upgrading to Apache2 with no change in respect to the XP
machine. It seems to be
related to image files but some gif's appear and no jpg's. I added a Windows Media file and
had to update the mime.types file
before my systems would even view it. So I'm wondering if it has something to do with a configuration
setting I'm overlooking?
Thanks for any insight or pointers for my problem.
-Russ