httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Lewis Watson" <li...@visionsix.com>
Subject Logs and Virtual Hosts
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 15:53:08 GMT

I am wondering if this setup is inviting potential problems or is
acceptable. I have several virtual hosts on my linux/ apache 1.3.26 machine.
Each virtual host has a www directory, cgi-bin directory, and logs
directory. Each virtual host has access to their access_log and error_log
through the logs folder, which is actually a ln -s
to/their/actual/log/directory/. The log files are owned by root and chmod
644. I have tried as many basic tests as I could think of without seeing any
issues.
If anyone has any thoughts or ideas on how to make this better, please let
me know.
Thanks.
Lewis