httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Luke Miller" <mille...@integraonline.com>
Subject MPM worker under Linux starts 57 processes...
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 02:25:52 GMT
I am having a problem with the worker MPM and Linux.  Here is what I am
running:

Apache 2.0.39
Redhat Linux 7.3 running kernel 2.4.18-3

All I have done is configure it with the MPM of worker, compiled and
installed
it.  I am running the default configuration (I only changed the document
root
and e-mail address).

When I start up apache it starts the main (parent) process and 57 children
processes.  I had this happen on another Linux system as well, there I just
went and used the prefer MPM instead which worked fine.

Here are the server thread settings from httpd.conf:

<IfModule worker.c>
StartServers         2
MaxClients         150
MinSpareThreads     25
MaxSpareThreads     75
ThreadsPerChild     25
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

Has anyone seen this before?  Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,

Luke