httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dmitry Medvedev" <medve...@rsdsoft.msk.ru>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0.39
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 08:10:46 GMT
good day garry.
as fa as win services are concerned you can do the following:
1. open console
2. go to the directory where your apache is installed; switch to the /bin folder
3. type this: apache -k install -n apache2039 (alternatevly you can uninstall the service
from the command line via: apache -k uninstall -n apache2039)
Note: you may wish to omit the "2039" suffix - it's fine without it. I use suffixes 'cos I
have several versions of the web server installed. i.e. apache1326 and apache2039. This I
find quite convenient :-)

----- Original Message -----
  From: Gary Lee
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 11:24 AM
  Subject: Apache 2.0.39

  Hi all,

  I'm a newbie to apache 2.0 on windows 2k....when I finished installing the http server,
I couldn't get it to start..can't find the service in the service console....can't start the
apache monitor even after I finished the configuration..when I try to go to my site, it asks
me for login name and password...please help...

  Gary