httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tony Vinayak <tvina...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: deploy IDC ms-access forms on Apache
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 01:35:27 GMT
Vibanu,

Have a look at http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html

Why migrate? So that over the long run you don't have to maintain dual web server environments
(Apache and IIS): reduce complexity, reduce number of moving parts, improve performance etc.
Of course, if migration is a herculean effort, then the migration cost just may not be justified.
Lot of companies live with their legacy environments, while doing all their newer development
on the new chosen platform.

Tony
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Vibanu@aol.com
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 9:04 PM
  Subject: Re: deploy IDC ms-access forms on Apache

  We have oracle database. I can migrate the data to Oracle. But problem is IDC forms .  Can
you please give an example of Apache as reverse proxy in front of IIS.....

  If i am doing proxy  then why migrate?

  - vibanu

    As Andrew points out, migrating to mySQL and PHP would be an ideal solution.
    In the short run, you could definitely setup Apache as reverse proxy
    (mod_proxy) in front of your IIS. In fact, it is a popular practice to
    shield IIS from all those IIS-targeted attacks (code red, Nimda and
    whatnot):tuck IIS behind the firewall and let Apache brave the web in the
    DMZ.

    cheers,
    Tony