httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael J Humphries" <admin...@alphacomm.net>
Subject RE: problems upgrading from 1.3.19 to 1.3.22
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 20:29:07 GMT
The only reason I chose that version is all of the docs that I have
found say that this is the newest version of httpd that supports FP
Extensions. I run an isp and we have had an overwhelming cry for
microsloths FP. Does 1.3.26 have support for FP

Michael Humphries
Alphacomm.net
Network Administrator
906-639-3500
877-450-3500
adminmjh@alphacomm.net
www.alphacomm.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Mentovai [mailto:mark-list@mentovai.com]
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 3:12 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: problems upgrading from 1.3.19 to 1.3.22

Michael J Humphries wrote:
> I am trying to upgrade to 1.3.22 from 1.3.19

Stop right there, and switch to 1.3.26.

> and everything seems to
> work ok until I run ./apachectl start

That doesn't sound like everything working OK!

> I then get a syntax error when it tries to load any of the modules
> but
> the modules exist in the modules dir and the same httpd.conf file
> work
> under 1.3.19 has any one found this problem and if so is there a fix.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

It sounds like you had been using 1.3.19 built to support dynamically
loaded modules (mod_so) and installed 1.3.22 with static modules and no
mod_so.  Without mod_so, the LoadModule directives in httpd.conf would
be treated as errors.  (You don't say exactly what the errors are, but
I'm assuming.)  The modules that you see are present are from 1.3.19.
(Check their timestamps.)

You can knock the LoadModule directives out of httpd.conf and you
should be in business, provided that the 1.3.22 you built contains
(statically) all of the modules you had been using with 1.3.19.

A better idea is to remember exactly how you had built 1.3.19 and
duplicate that procedure when building 1.3.26.  If you still have the
tree you used to build 1.3.19 available, check config.status for hints.

If not, a good starting point is "sh configure --enable-module=all --
enable-shared=max --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE".

Mark