httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John Passaniti" <jp...@rochester.rr.com>
Subject RE: More help with apache and CGI-Perl
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 14:51:09 GMT
> The shell doesn't interpret the shebang line on
> Windows -- the Apache server does.  So, if the
> ScriptInterpreterSource directive is set to
> 'shebang', the line *will* be used, and *must*
> point to the interpreter executable -- or you'll
> get a 500 error.

The online documentation suggests the value of the directive should be
"script" and not "shebang."

Interesting.  I didn't know that Apache would bother to do this--
especially when it isn't necessary as Windows' own file associations
work just fine.  Also interesting that my scripts don't do this and they
work just fine-- and "script" is the default for
ScriptInterpreterSource.