httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Leach" <sle...@askalix.com>
Subject OT: Packet Sniffers <----> Apache Traffic
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:55:39 GMT
This is slightly OT - but to be brief, we have servers that a few 'users' are attempting to
mine data from.
The problem is that they are coming from an ISP's gateway - ISP has not yet responded to requests
to assist.
I am trying to find a way to analyse the packets and get some other usable tag from the packet
that we can filter (or write some kind of filter for).

But first I need a (Open Source/Linux if available) sniffer that can assist me in catching
the packets (from a seperate system if possible to prevent over exerting the DB servers).

Anyone else had such a need? Any tips?
Thanks for any help.

Best Regards,

Steve Leach