httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mary Peterson" <MPete...@ifmc.org>
Subject Error messages for Expired and Revoked Certificates
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:49:06 GMT
I have two issues that I wondered if anyone could assist me with:

When I test a revoked client certificate against the CRL I get a
Security Alert Message that says 'The security certificate for this site
has been revoked.  This site should not be trusted.'

This sounds like the site that the user wants to access has a revoked
server certificate NOT the client certificate.  I have verified in the
error report that the client ssl hand-shake failed due to the CLIENT
CERTIFICATE being revoked, so why does the message say what it does?

Also, when I test an expired client certificate it brings back a 'Page
Cannot be Displayed' error message.  Does anyone know how I can get it
to return a 'Your certificate has expired' error message in place of the
'Page Cannot be Displayed' message?

I would appreciate any help that anyone might have to offer.  Thanks!