httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Beard <j...@cyberxape.com>
Subject RE: Apache Monitoring tools
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:27:54 GMT
Be more specific about what you are trying to accomplish.
(and we can take this offline since it's off-topic :)

>From the Apache::VMonitor perldoc:

       This module emulates the reporting functionalities of
       top(1), extended for mod_perl processes, mount(1), and
       df(1) utilities. It has a visual alerting capabilities and
       configurable automatic refresh mode. All the sections can
       be shown/hidden dynamically through the web interface.

It's a mod_perl module which means you have have to build Apache
with mod_perl (perl.apache.org).

I've looked at it in the past but have not used it in any production
servers. I don't like to sit in front of a monitor and stare at noise
from my computers. It's more efficient to define failure paths and have
an alert of some sort sent to you.

--Jeff

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Chris Hsiang wrote:

> I checked freshment.net, but it didn't have what I was looking for.
> Anyone know about Apache::VMonitor?  That was the closest thing I have
> found from searching google.  At this stage, even buying commercial
> package make sense.
>
> Chris Hsiang
> Intervivos LLC

Jeff Beard | Systems Architect, Programmer, Sysadmin
Contact    | jeff at cyberxape dot com
Location   | In front of the computer, Boulder, CO, USA