httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Beard <j...@cyberxape.com>
Subject Re: Retreiving Compile Configuration
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 18:30:25 GMT

If you do not have the config.status file from an earlier build,
take a look at the output from httpd -l. If you do, then copy it
to the new source tree and run it; it's a shell script.

--Jeff

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Alex Kirk wrote:

> I've been meaning to recompile/upgrade Apache on my system for some time
> now, but each time I've gone to do so, I've run into a problem I'm hoping
> this list can help me solve: I need to maintain roughly the same
> configuration (i.e. Mod_Perl support, etc.), but having been a big-time
> newbie when I first compiled, I never saved the information from my config
> command. Is there any good way to retreive that information, eithery by
> running a utility to analyze the binary, looking at shared libraries, or
> perhaps even getting a file saved during the config/compile process? If not,
> what's the best way to go about making sure I have the proper config when
> recompiling?

> Alex Kirk

Jeff Beard | Systems Architect, Programmer, Sysadmin
Contact    | jeff at cyberxape dot com
Location   | In front of the computer, Boulder, CO, USA