httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mixed Services - Apache Security
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 23:09:26 GMT
> I have read a little on SUEXEC, is this the sort of problem that it was
> designed to solve, or does anyone else have any other ideas.

Yes, this is what suExec is for, but that is only for CGI programs, so any
Apache module things like mod_php or mod_perl won't be helped by this.
You would have to run the CGI versions of both to make use of it.

Apache2 does have an answer for this in the perchild mpm, but
unfortunately it is nowhere near ready for production use.  In fact, I
don't think it even compiles right now.

-Rasmus