httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: rotatelogs utility question
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2002 20:17:52 GMT
On Sat, 22 Jun 2002, Dmitry Medvedev wrote:

> Good day to all.
> I use the rotatelogs utility from the standard Apache distribution for
> win32.
> I set it as follows:
> CustomLog "|D:/2036/bin/rotatelogs.exe D:/2036/vhs_logs/240_%Y.%m.%d.log
> 86400"
>
> I wonder whether it is possible to make the rotetelogs create new
> directories within the "D:/2036/vhs_logs/" one via using the time
> specifiers.
>
> If it is not possible, do you know a similar utility which can do this?

I encourage you to look at the Perl module Logfile::Rotate, which
handles many of the details of rotating log files for you. I use it to
rotate my log files periodically. It gzips them and puts them away in a
different directory, keeping only the last 6 months of log files.

--
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the sky on laughter-silvered wings