httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: NameVirtualServer
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 23:25:54 GMT

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Ben Mihailescu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have NameVirtualServer set to the IP of the apache server. I then have
>   2 virtual servers that are correctly configured DNS wise.
>
> When going to www.1stvirtulserver.com I end up at seeing the material
> under the DocumentRoot.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

Most likely you are using the wrong IP address or domain name someplace.
To avoid those problems, you should setup the configuration exactly as
described here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/name-based.html#using
(Using "NameVirtualHost *" and "<VirtualHost *>")

If that doesn't fix your problem, please post the relevant configuration
excerpt using REAL HOSTNAMES and IP addresses.  Since the problem is
almost always a DNS/IP problem, posting obscured configs just makes
everyone's life more difficult.

Joshua.