httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Alias Assistance
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 17:30:10 GMT

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Phil wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I'm trying to create an alias to a subdirectory in my host URL that will not
> require an ending forwarding slash in the config file. What I want is that
> the server will direct to the index page with or without the slash i.e
> www.myhost.com/subdirectory/ must equal www.myhost.com/subdirectory and both
> must point to www.myhost.com/subdirectory/index.html. I'm not having success
> creating one.  Can anyone give me advise on doing this?

Can you describe exactly why you want this?  It can be done using
something like
AliasMatch ^/subdirectory/? /full/path/to/index.html
but you probably won't like the results.  The trailing slash is necessary
to allow the browser to properly resolve relative urls.

Perhaps you are looking for this:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#set-servername

Joshua.