httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Mod_rewrite problem
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2002 17:23:20 GMT

On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, Tom Myny wrote:

> I'm not sure, its given to install openstats ( http://www.openstats.org ) -
> http://www.openstats.net/docs/install.phtml

> > > RewriteRule ^/admin(|/.*)$ /admin.php

Frankly, I'd think seriously about using a different log analysis package.
I don't know anything about openstats, but skimming the page you reference
shows several major problems:

1. The regex above, which is garbage.

2. They tell you to use <Limit GET POST> ... which is wrong and possibly a
security risk.

3. They tell you to use "HostNameLookups On" which is stupid, because it
will slow down your server and can easily be replaced by a post-processor.

4. Their site comes with a default administrative password enabled.

If you still want to use it, then to solve your immediate problem, just
use the simpler regex I mentioned in the last message.  It should work
fine.

Joshua.