httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.24 problem with cache
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 15:37:31 GMT

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Simone Pirovano wrote:

> I have a big problem: when I change a page of my web site i didn't see the
> modifications until i restart apache.
> In my configuration all the options for activate the cache is commented.

Apache doesn't cache pages unless:

- You are using it as a proxy
- You are using mod_mmap_static
- You or the people who gave you apache modified it

To figure out what is going on, you should use a tool that can examine
exactly what request your browser is sending to the server and exactly how
the server is responding.  You can get some clue by looking at the access
log, but if that doesn't have enough information, you'll need to look at
the full transaction.

Joshua.