httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: make install suggestion
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 14:38:56 GMT

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> Do you think the config option or a more complicated test for doing the
> install would be a better idea? The more I think about it, the more
> I think the configure option is a better way to go.

Personally, I'd say that if the htdocs directory already exists (or, at
worst, if it contains some files) then the install shouldn't muck with it.
But others may disagree.  The utility of those "welcome" pages is rather
low, so I'd default towards not installing them if there is any question.

> When I looked at the bug database I didn't see an option for suggestion
> or enhancement. Did I miss something? If not should I just pretend it
> is a bug fix?

File it under the "build" component with severity level "enhancement".

Joshua.