httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Difficulty with content negotiation Apache2
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 19:47:53 GMT

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Bernard Higonnet wrote:
> I would beg all readers to believe that I am NOT incriminating Apache
> documentation and blaming it for what was my mistake only, but I think
> the passage called
>
> "Note on hyperlinks and naming conventions" on page
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/content-negotiation.html
>
> (which appears to me left over from 1.3) might mention that the behavior
> described there requires "MultiViewsMatch Any" (as regards files called
> abcd.en.html or abcd.fr.html anyway). Of course there's a good chance I
> got this wrong too!

To the best of my knowledge, that documentation is correct.  The setting
of MultiViewsMatch should only matter if you have not properly associated
one of the file extenstions.  In other words, you need to have
AddLanguage en en
AddLanguage fr fr
AddType text/html html (or similar entry in mime.types)

MultiViewsMatch only comes into play if you try to negotiate based on an
extension that is not mapped to anything.  If that is not what you are
seeing, please present us with the simplest possible case that shows the
problem; use LIVE URLs so that we can check ourselves.

Thanks.

Joshua.