httpd-users mailing list archives

From abdel.ra...@mpsa.com
Subject Réf. : Réf. : Re: compiling PHP
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2002 14:30:15 GMT

Do I have to put libphp4.a in the right path place first before compiling

I' m doing

./configure --prefix=/soft/apa --enable-module=/src/modules/php4/l
ibphp4.a

(making sure /src/modules/php4/libphp4.a exists at this location

and while compiling Apache it keeps saying :
 + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
eval: module_/src/modules/php4/libphp4.a=yes: not found

Thanx

                    abdel.ramli@mp

                    sa.com               Pour :  users@httpd.apache.org

                                         cc :

                    10/06/2002           Objet : Réf. : Re: compiling PHP

                    16:08

                    Veuillez

                    répondre à

                    users

Thanx Esteban

do I have to configure PHP first ? and then Apache ?

Does the '--activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a'  have to point to
the php path
This means I have to install php first.
and ten configure apache as the following

./configure --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a

Thanx fr your help

                    esteban@epnet.
                    com.ar               Pour :  <users@httpd.apache.org>
                                         cc :
                    09/06/2002           Objet : Re: compiling PHP
                    15:42
                    Veuillez
                    répondre à
                    users

Hi,

Do you compile apache with PHP module?? if not, you have to add this "
--activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a" when you configure apache.

If you have done that, and it doesn´t work you should verify that you have
activated the PHP application type in the httpd.conf.
You have to add something like this: "AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
.phtml .php3"

Byess!
Esteban

Abdel.ramli@mpsa.com  :

> Dear all,
>
> I've compiled and installed Apache and am trying now to carry on with PHP
> module on my Linux Redhat system
>
> While the confiure and installs steps seems to be ok, PHP pages are not
> displayed nor reconized, a download widows appears when trying to view
> them.
> I guess it is my httpd.conf which is not configured right but after the
PHP