httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib.N....@seagate.com
Subject Re: File sharing on Intranet
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2002 16:41:21 GMT

Hi,
I am not sure what you are looking for...
but try looking into WebDAV http://www.webdav.org and here is a tutorial on
how to setup DAV with LDAP authentication on
Apache:http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Apache-WebDAV-LDAP-HOWTO/index.html

Have fun,

In Peace,
Saqib Ali
<!---------- Begin signature ------->
Rid yourself of all thoughts!
Think of the One who created thought.
<!---------- End signature ------->

                    "Gerard

                    O'Reilly"            To:     <users@httpd.apache.org>

                    <oreilly@sslt        cc:

                    bivdc.com>           Subject:     File sharing on Intranet

                    No Phone Info

                    Available

                    06/22/2002

                    04:15 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    users

Hi,
Im using RH Linux 6.2 with Apache 1.3 and am  setting up an Intranet.
I want to able to share files such as Lotus, Word,  Excel etc via the
Intranet.  Has anyone got a suggestion on the best way to  go about this.
My Users use Windows 95 to Windows 2000 and  Internet Explorer 5.5.  I use
Samba to connect from Windows to  Linux.
I've looked at Apache User_Dir but Im not sure if  this is the best way.
Basically I want to be able to hyperlink froma HTML  page on teh Intranet
directly to an actual file (Lotus 123).  But if Apache  serves this page it
puts it in Temporary Internet Files (and does not refresh  unless I clear
cache).  If I hyperlink direct to the file then that means  Apache is not
serving the file (right?) so the APache security I have in place  is not
used!
Any advice woudl be appreciated.

Mr. Gerard O'Reilly
Intranet Manager
Siam  Stars Ltd/ Thai-Belgium Industrial Co. Ltd
21/6 Moo 3, Soi Kayha  Bangbua,
Viphavadee Rangsit Road,
60 Talad Bangkhen,
Laksi Bangkok  10210
Tel:  02-561-4649 or 02-940-8750
Fax: (66-2)  5611486
(See attached file: Gerard O'Reilly.vcf)