httpd-users mailing list archives

From DeAnna.Clem...@McKGenMed.com
Subject apache URL help
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:18:19 GMT

I am using Apache and another product called hotquery.  I want to shorten
the URL so users only have to enter something like:
/med/hotquery

While doing this, I also want to force the users to a logon screen in
hotquery.
I have added the following in the httpd.conf file -

Alias /hotquery "/var/apache/htdocs/CFIDE/HotQuery/logon.cfm"

I am not sure Alias is actually what I need but it does appear to work.
When /med/hotquery is entered as the URL it goes right to the logon.cfm
Now, I have had to creaste several other aliases to point to images, etc.
See below.

Alias /images "/var/apache/htdocs/CFIDE/HotQuery/images"
Alias /Logon_Process.Cfm
"/var/apache/htdocs/CFIDE/HotQuery/Logon_Process.Cfm"
Alias /main.cfm "/var/apache/htdocs/CFIDE/HotQuery/main.cfm"
Alias /query_list.cfm "/var/apache/htdocs/CFIDE/HotQuery/query_list.cfm"
Alias /header.cfm "/var/apache/htdocs/CFIDE/HotQuery/header.cfm"
Alias /javascript.js "/var/apache/htdocs/CFIDE/HotQuery/javascript.js"
Alias /sql.cfm "/var/apache/htdocs/CFIDE/HotQuery/sql.cfm"
Alias /hotprompt.cfm "/var/apache/htdocs/CFIDE/HotQuery/hotprompt.cfm"

There must be an easier way.  Is alias the proper thing to use in this
case????