httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib.N....@seagate.com
Subject database lookup module
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 21:07:30 GMT
Hi All,
I have a slight problem. I have server that uses LDAP for authentication.
However there are some directories on the the web server, to which I want
to restrict access to the usernames listed in a Oracle database. But I
still wanna use LDAP for authentication.

e.g.

I have a table in the Oracle database with the following columns

|                           DIRECTORY                         |
USERNAME      |
|   /usr/local/apache/htdocs/test1               |       sali
|
|   /usr/local/apache/htdocs/test1               |       john
|
|   /usr/local/apache/htdocs/test1               |       doe
|
|   /usr/local/apache/htdocs/test2               |       john
|
|   /usr/local/apache/htdocs/test2               |       sali
|
|   /usr/local/apache/htdocs/test3               |       jane

I want only sali, john, and doe to be able to access test1.
john and sali should be able to access test2
jane should be only able to access test3

Is there a apache module that will let me do that?

Thanks
Saqib Ali