httpd-users mailing list archives

From rwot...@checkfree.com
Subject Caching headers with JRun
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:00:22 GMT
I am running Apache 1.3.26 with mod_expires and mod_headers, on Linux
2.2.20.
(I had this problem with Apache 1.3.22 as well.)
We are using JRun.

I'd like to be able to control the cache headers based on the file name
extensions.
I have no problem controlling the headers for files served by Apache from
the file system.

The problem is for files which JRun serves up (through Apache).

Example:
  (Pretend my special caching directive is for all files with the .scd
extension.)

  get /test.scd
  Works fine (I can control the headers).

  get /my_jrun_app_dir/test.scd
   Does not work (I don't seem to have control over the headers).

Macromedia claims that they have absolutely nothing to do with the cache
headers.  That this they entirely defined and controlled by Apache.

Any advice you might have on how to manage the cache headers would be
greatly appreciated.
aTdHvAaNnKcSe!

Here is how JRun is configured in our httpd.conf:
(I've experimented with placement of this in the file - no difference.)
# JRun Settings
# JRun - Comment out this line to disable DSO (ie you compiled module into
your server.
LoadModule jrun_module136
"/opt/JRun/connectors/apache/intel-linux/mod_jrun.so"
<IfModule mod_jrun.c>
    JRunConfig jrun.rootdir "/opt/JRun"
    JRunConfig jvmlist default,default
    JRunConfig Verbose false
</IfModule>

Here is how I'm controlling the headers in httpd.conf:
(The extensions are in mime.types.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<IfModule mod_expires.c>
    <IfModule mod_headers.c>