httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dan Fish" <seada...@cox.net>
Subject Process environment variables
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:32:05 GMT
I'd like to add a couple of environment variables that are globally
available to several of my CGI scripts.  I thought maybe since the server
runs under user Nobody and Nobody has the shell set to /bin/sh with $HOME=/
that I could just add them to  /.profile, but when I try to access them via
Perl's Env mod, they don't exist...

Where does the server get it's environment settings from?? (I.E. PATH)

Thanks,
-Dan

---
"Old programmers never die... Unless of course they refuse to accept a few
extra CPU cycles over months of efficiency tuning... [Have times changed or
WHAT!]"