httpd-users mailing list archives

From "ytsedan" <ytse...@bol.com.br>
Subject httpd won't start in my 2.4.18
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 19:57:09 GMT
Thanks! In fact my problem with 2.2 was the simple fact
I hadn't created a user for apache. dumb me :)

The "accept lock" error keeps happening in 2.4.18. I
searched the config log file for warnings and found
none.

I compiled my kernel from the lastest, 20+MB kernel
source from one of the main Linux sites. It was my first
success on that area. Should I have something installed?
Currently I've got glibc, the linux includes, and other
packages listed as important for gmake in the slackware
docs. I compiled the kernel after I got these on.

thanks again,
Daniel Araujo

> On Mon, 2002-06-17 at 23:54, Daniel Araujo wrote:
> >     Hey all, I still can't start httpd in linux. Has
someone gone through
> > this or have a guess? This time I have the exact
error messages.

> >     Running "apachectl start" from the 2.4.18 kernel
I compiled returns this
> > message:
> >     "[Mon Jun 17 14:00:07 2002] [emerg] (38)Function
not implemented:
> > Couldn't create accept lock"
>
>   Don't know about kernel configuration on this.
Sounds more like
>   missing build components on your system.  I am
thinking that probably
>   one or more 'nice to have' libraries are missing.
Configure may not
>   flag an error, but it should have logged a warning
about missing
>   functionality.  Check your config.log in your build
directory.

> >     On the 2.2 kernel installed by my Slackware 8.0
CD, I get this one:
> >     "[Tue Jun 18 00:32:45 2002] [emerg] (22)Invalid
argument: Couldn't set
> > permissions on cross-process lock; check User and
Group directives"

>   With this one, what are User and Group set to in the
httpd.conf
>   file?  Apache is complaining that these are either
not configured, or
>   are set to a non-existant user/group combo on your
machine.  If they
>   are set in the httpd.conf file, check /etc/passwd
and /etc/group to
>   see if they are defined in there.
>

> >     The fact each kernel returns me a different
error makes me think there's
> > something to do with the way I configured my kernel.
If so, where could I
> > have gone wrong?
> >
> >     By the way, these error messages are not printed
to screen; they're in
> > the logs/error_log file. And I haven't noticed any
problems during the