httpd-users mailing list archives

From "NIPP, SCOTT V (SBCSI)" <sn4...@sbc.com>
Subject RE: Apache and FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 16:24:29 GMT
	Does webDAV provide the same functionality for the FrontPage client?

-----Original Message-----
From: Saqib.N.Ali@seagate.com [mailto:Saqib.N.Ali@seagate.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 11:08 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache and FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions

use webDAV instead of FP ext. much better and DAV worx with Dream Weaver as
well
-------------------
`Be what you would seem to be' -- or, if you'd like it put more simply --
`Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what
you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.'"

                    Staven Bruce

                    <Staven.Bruce@vall        To:
"'users@httpd.apache.org'" <users@httpd.apache.org>
                    eyair.org>                cc:

                                              Subject:     Apache and
FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions
                    06/06/2002 08:56

                    AM

                    Please respond to

                    users

PLEASE HELP!

I am running RedHat 7.2 primarily as an Apache Web Server (Apache 1.3.1). I
need to install Front Page Extensions for my users. However, when I
originally built the machine, I chose to install Apache as part of the
original installation.

Everything works great, however I do not have a /usr/local/apache/
directory. My server root is actually /etc/httpd/. This seems to be
wreaking
havoc on my attempts to install the FrontPage 2002 extensions. It also
seems
quite contrary to much of the Linux/Apache documentation I have read.

I am in a bit of a spot and quite concerned.

Any suggestions as to what I should do?  Is this going to be a problem that
will plague me every time I want to update or modify my web server? Can I
just copy the /etc/httpd/ directory to a newly created /usr/local/apache/
directory and update the httpd.conf file?

Should I try to uninstall and reinstall?

Any info would help!