httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Thomas <jonathan.tho...@veritas.com>
Subject RE: frontpage support... help please....
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 19:01:35 GMT
It appears your users are looking to be able to use frontpage EXTENSIONS,
rather than 'frontpage' as a development tool.

Either way there are excellent tutorials on setting this stuff up found at
www.rtr.com <http://www.rtr.com>

One word of caution - Frontpage extensions RARELY support the latest
versions of apache.  Meaning if you have upgraded apache to the latest
version because of the exploit, you will need to downgrade back to an
earlier version so that the frontpage extensions are compatible.

Thanks,
JT

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Wingfield [mailto:dtcrtw@ionet.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 2:59 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: frontpage support... help please....

Hello Rick, and the group:

I'm of the same opinion regarding the usefulness of front page; I've been a
coding programmer for twenty-three years, and I don't consider html to be a
programming language (. . .but that's for another argument).  Actually, I'm
not aware of any special Apache requirement to serve pages generated by ANY
html editor.  I've just assumed that Apache doesn't care where the html
comes from; infact, Apache will serve garbage from a file -- it's the
browser that has to be accomodated.  If for example, you save a
word-processing document from MS-Word or Corel WordPerfect, in html format,
there is no requirement that Apache know the source editor type.  Same goes
for NotePad, WordPad, or the unix vi editor, ad nauseam.  I've actually only
used FrontPage Express; have I missed something here?  If so, then I'd
really like to know, too.

Ron W.