httpd-users mailing list archives

From brad.b...@hpa.com.au
Subject Server listening on different ports
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 04:27:58 GMT
Id like to setup my server as follow but am unsure of how to do it.

All use the same document root/serveralias etc.... but Id like it to listen
on
port 8080 and 8082.

If someone requests the server on port 8082 then id like to use mod_rewrite
manipulate the request
RewriteEngine On
RewriteLog "/users/apache/logs/rewrite.log"
RewriteLogLevel 7
RewriteRule ^/(.*)  http://system2.my.domain:8082/$1 [p]

and if requested on port 8080 then NOT to load the mod rewrite module.

Any ideas for the best way of achieving this?

Thanks

IMPORTANT
The contents of this e-mail and it's attachments are confidential and intended
addressed.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify
the HPA Postmaster, postmaster@hpa.com.au, then delete
the e-mail.

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept for
the presence of computer viruses by MimeSweeper.  Before opening or
using any attachments, check them for viruses and defects.

Our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.

HPA collects personal information to provide and market our services.
For more information about use, disclosure and access see our Privacy
Policy at www.hpa.com.au