httpd-users mailing list archives

From Muriel Taylor <m...@lanl.gov>
Subject Re: apache web page indicating success - solutions footnote
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 20:35:37 GMT
Lee,
i think something like your first choice occurred, moved DocumentRoot
after config/install of apache, but i redefined everything. i'm running as
root,
no other group defined, but i really need to do that too, it may be that i
actually didn't have access everywhere like i thought i did.. also, the Sun
i'm working on sort of rebooted itself 2 nights ago - or at least i didn't
reboot it,
so port 80 must have been hung. but, another user of this system running as
a non-root user is now able to access the correct web pages also even though
i haven't defined any special user:group combination yet.
so it's weird though that i couldn't
connect to any other port either until i stopped and started the apache
server where httpd had been running on port 80.
cause and effect's not clear to me yet.
apache always eventually works though, unlike a lot of other s/w out
there.