httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eli White <ewh...@stsci.edu>
Subject UPDATE Re: mod_dir not working?
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:39:44 GMT
Ok, responding to my own post, with more information.

I've found the problem, but not the solution.

The 'problem', is that I kept mod_dir compiled into the server, but left
mod_autoindex as a DSO ... the idea being that on my development server I
was wanting directory listings to work, but on the live server, I always
have them turned off, so why bother even having that part of the server loaded.

Well, it seems that when you load mod_autoindex as a DSO, it takes
precedence over mod_dir, instead of the 'normal' other way around ...
Because if I remove the LoadModule command for autoindex, index.html's work
fine.

So, are my only solutions to have either both be DSO, or both be compiled
in?  Is there no way to tell a LoadModule to happen AFTER the built-ins?

Eli