httpd-users mailing list archives

From Per Einar Ellefsen <per.ei...@skynet.be>
Subject Re: smart management of multiple README and HEADER files
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:41:08 GMT
At 10:11 19.06.2002, Dmitry Medvedev wrote:
>Good day to all.
>I've got a problem: I've got a great number of directories which are
>accessible from my site (a vhost) with Options including the +Indexes
>directive.
>Each directory, besides normal files and subdirectories, contains the
>HEADER.shtml and README.shtml.
>
>The problem is: when I need to alter these two particular files I need to
>alter them in all the directories they appear.
>
>Does anyone know how I can simplify all the thing so that it be at least a
>bit easier to manage.

Not sure what you mean, but if your goal is to have the same files (or
similar files) everywhere, you could use SSI tricks as you seem to already
be using SSI: In all files, you do something lie:

<!--#include virtual="../README.html" -->

(adjusting the relative path to the correct one of course), and then you
only edit the base README.html when you need to do changes.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be