httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eli White <ewh...@stsci.edu>
Subject Re: Any real drawbacks to going dynamic?
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:50:31 GMT
At 09:45 AM 6/18/2002 -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:
>See:
>http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/dso.html#advantages

>Joshua.

Right, I knew about that page, and it's 5% slower claim ...

But my question was a little different, and it's about: "Once you have even
ONE DSO going, does it matter if they ALL are or not."

So, in my case, I have PHP running as a DSO, because I don't wanna have to
recompile Apache every time PHP updates.

So since I am 'already' taking the performance hit from having mod_so
active, is there any reason to not have all modules be Dynamic?  (Right now
all are statically compiled in, except for PHP)

Eli