httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tim Thorburn <immor...@nwconx.net>
Subject Apache .htaccess configs
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 00:31:05 GMT
Hi,
I'm trying to set a PHP include directory for one of my sites. I'm on a
shared hosting system, so I don't have access to the php.ini file.

My plan was to do it using a .htaccess file in Apache - however I must be
doing something very much wrong, as it isn't working.

Here is what I've tried:

php_value include_dir = ".:/data/sites/site_name/htdocs/includes"

I've checked the above path by running phpinfo(); on my site to determine
where its located on my servers hard drive.

When I add the above line to my .htaccess file - I get a 500 Internal
Server Error.

My site is using Apache 1.3.12 and PHP 3.0.18, any thoughts on how I might
get this to work?

Thanks
-Tim