httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Kenna" <andr...@stamina.com.au>
Subject RE: 1.3.26 apache
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 01:01:20 GMT
Check the permissions on the /etc/httpd directory, also I would hope that you are not installing
httpd+all binaries into the /etc/httpd directory.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Clark [mailto:larry@clicqx.com]
Sent: Sunday, 30 June 2002 6:21 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: 1.3.26 apache

I downloaded the tarball from apache for the 1.3.26 version of apache for my
linux machine, to take care of that chunked bug, and when I do a:
 ./configure --prefix=/etc/httpd
I get: permission denied
why woudl this be? I ssh into the box and SU and I get that, I go directly
to the box itself and I get the same thing logged in as root.....?? whats
the deal? I can't understand why this is happening....thanks.
--
http://www.clicqx.com
http://www.stainlesssteelgraphics.com