httpd-users mailing list archives

From Staven Bruce <Staven.Br...@valleyair.org>
Subject Apache and FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 15:56:40 GMT
PLEASE HELP!

I am running RedHat 7.2 primarily as an Apache Web Server (Apache 1.3.1). I
need to install Front Page Extensions for my users. However, when I
originally built the machine, I chose to install Apache as part of the
original installation.

Everything works great, however I do not have a /usr/local/apache/
directory. My server root is actually /etc/httpd/. This seems to be wreaking
havoc on my attempts to install the FrontPage 2002 extensions. It also seems
quite contrary to much of the Linux/Apache documentation I have read.

I am in a bit of a spot and quite concerned.

Any suggestions as to what I should do?  Is this going to be a problem that
will plague me every time I want to update or modify my web server? Can I
just copy the /etc/httpd/ directory to a newly created /usr/local/apache/
directory and update the httpd.conf file?

Should I try to uninstall and reinstall?

Any info would help!