httpd-users mailing list archives

From k0te <k...@cox.net>
Subject autoindex not displaying folders which Require user
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:00:08 GMT
In apache 1.3.24 I had an autoindexed folder containing other private
folders, each with a basic auth .htaccess file in it.  In 2.0.36/9
autoindex is not showing any of these protected folders, or any other
folder which I put a Require user line in.  I checked the permissions on
the folders, changed all the .htaccess to <directory> settings in my
httpd.conf, changed almost every access and options setting, and
searched through the manual looking for a directive that might cause
this a few times.  The folders work fine when their url is typed in
manually, they just arent being autoindexed, could it just be a
'feature' of apache2?  I have put a copy of my httpd.conf at
http://kote.ath.cx:81/httpd.conf and there is an info page at
http://kote.ath.cx:81/server-info.  The folder which isnt indexing is
http://kote.ath.cx:81/private and an example folder which is there is
http://kote.ath.cx:81/private/rian.

If anyone has had any experience with this or any ideas at all I would
appreciate a response.

Thanks!
kote