httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Christian Imbeault ...@mega-bucks.co.jp>
Subject Apache: log files: conditional logging questions
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:12:11 GMT
I want to only log certain errors/condition to file but I can seem to
get conditional logging to work.

According to a book I have and some online tutorial I thought I would be
able to log 404 *and only* 404 errors using something like this:

LogFormat "%h %l %u %t %404i"

But this "conditional" %404 only applies to the following field and not
the whole log line.

How can do conditional logging of the form:

1- log only requests that get a 404 response code
2- log only request for which the server returned more than 100Kb
3- log only requests received between 3 am and 5 am

I've searched Google and the few Apache books I have but haven't come up
with anything.

Can anyone give me a pointer to some resources describing how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Jc